Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 128

Thread: Post deleted by R0cketer

  1. #51
    Inactive Member Herbie_Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2005
    Posts
    259
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone here....

    I agree!
    Come on Bush put all of the queers on the front lines, I mean who cares if we lose them.
    I'm sorry I know that was wrong but all this gay stuff really irritates me.
    Go Huskers!

  2. #52
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone here....

    I think that the logic of things was discussed and handled well. There are several couples on here, and they may have pictures of them together but they aren't trying to force things on others.

    Like I said, if there is complaints, you as the person, have the responsibility of being mature enough to remove your picture without being made to remove your picture, if you can't or won't, then I guess I will have to remove it for you. Like I said previously, you're not going to make everybody happy, but if you have several people complaining, why try to turn a simple, small message board into some land of propoganda. There is no need.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #53
    Inactive Member Two4Reddick's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2006
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone here....

    I agree with them removing the picture of the two women and feel it would only be fair to remove the two males. This is a public forum and yes children do read and see what posts are on here. We have the right to censor what's on tv so why not what's on this computer.
    Your right to be gay is simply your right, but don't push it into a straight person's face. If your friends are ok with it then fine, but as you can see not everyone on here is....Be a man...take the picture down.

  4. #54
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone here....

    [ QUOTE ]
    We have the right to censor what's on tv so why not what's on this computer.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    That's flawed logic.

    The FCC takes care of what's on TV and AM/FM Radio. They do not have say over what's on the Internet for consumption. Censorship is limited to ISP's, website providers (aka hostboard), and the architects/moderators/administrators of each site--it's under their control. It's up to the users to be wary of what may or may not be seen, and whether it's objectionable or not.

    To be honest--I think that's this "gay" guy's point...no one paid any attention to his screenname, did they???
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #55
    Inactive Member Two4Reddick's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2006
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone here....

    sure, i paid attention to that...after i threw up over the picture.
    my point is if one person's picture(s) was removed then it would only be fair to do the same across the board.i would say this even if i was the one everybody was in an uproar over.
    especially since we are all in this "do not discriminate" mode.
    and as far as the flawed comment goes, we do have that right to an extent. there are parental controls and means of excluding certain tv stations as well as websites to prevent exposure to certain areas. i didn't intend it to mean that we have 100% of the control in that situation.

  6. #56
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone here....

    Yep I did and when they joined I did, and the quickness in having a picture, a contoversial picture, added almost immediately wasn't lost on me.

    However, I'm about to the point of depriving all of having user pictures or avatars due to some spoiling it and ruining it for the rest. Why am I doing that, because I dont feel like spending 2/3 of the time on here playing peacemaker or trying to make people see something from another side.

    It's going to have to be a very elementary school mentality due to the makeup/nature of some. You all remember how it was in elementary, you could lose the ability to have recess due to one or two kids who couldn't behave.

    I dont want to do that, I like my advertisement for Lost, and many other avatars on here. Some are very witty, some are classy, some are nice. I don't really have that big of an issue with girls kissing, guys kissing, because like was said, that isn't going to be the worst I, or any kid that is around the internet or a tv is going to encounter. That being said, I also don't think those are necessary because if someone thinks that kissing is ok, someone else may think that nudity is ok (afterall its just the human body, and the human body is beautiful), etc etc etc.

    I am and have tried to treat and respect the members on here and treat them as adults, even if some of them aren't adults, but when there are new people coming on out of the blue with the immediate goal of creating controversy, I can't help but feel that in fact they aren't new people, that they are older users trying to make a point, prove something, start an argument, disagreement, get attention, etc etc.

    Most of the time some other users know who they are and since nobody seems willing to tell their friends, buddies that enough is enough, then we all have to suffer, including me.

    I'm seriously debating this and don't be shocked if its changed anytime.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #57
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone here....

    [ QUOTE ]
    i didn't intend it to mean that we have 100% of the control in that situation.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well then that's a reality we have to face and do the best we can. Like I've told others...either turn off the avatars so you don't have to see them, or if kids are the concern--use that lil underscore or that lil dash in the upper-right hand corner of the browser when they come calling with you. If you know for certain there's objectionable things here you don't want your kids seeing--why surf to here while they're with you? Doesn't make sense. No one wants their kids near fire, that's for sure--this is like wanting to go fight a house fire and see what's going on, but taking your kid child with you. You know there's possible, almost imminent danger there...but you take them anyways. Doesn't make sense to me at all.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #58
    Inactive Member imported_FCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2006
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post deleted by R0cketer

    GC girl lovin a PV guy!

  9. #59
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone here....

    I'm as non-gay as it gets FCC--got a very serious girlfriend who may soon be a fiance. Sorry dude.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  10. #60
    Inactive Member Two4Reddick's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2006
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Anyone here....

    do you have children??? if so then you would understand my comments....if not then you are blind to certain issues. when you have a young child you will infact have this issue to address....enough said

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •